Monday, February 11, 2008

2009 Jaguar XF sedan - Ian Callum strikes again

The all-new 2009 Jaguar XF is by FAR my favorite new car for the year. I am extremely excited about it in a strange way (given that I was never really a big Jaguar fan), because this baby finally looks like the absolute knock-out winner that the company deserves and needs.

It looks like an Aston, but for a fraction of the cost (it starts BELOW $50K !!!). A loaded one goes for a bit over 60k. That is extremely competitive.

The design is absolutely awesome in my view, as is the interior. They are already saying it drives beautifully and is masterfully refined and sporty.

And I believe it. I drove the XK, an older design, but their current coupe, and it was extremely competent and impressive.

It has already won Car of the Year from a couple of publications in Europe.

Other than the high weight of the XF (over 4K lbs), the rest of the package is absolutely impressive if you ask me. I mean just check out the interior: The panels light up with perimeter lighting ala the Motorola Razr. The startup sequence is damn cool and unique. Hell, even the unique color combinations for the interior are super sweet.

You owe it to yourself to check it out:

http://www.jaguarxf.com/default.asp

If I were in the market for a premium sedan with a price tag quite a bit below six figures, this is a no-brainer for me. I never thought I'd say that, but this car just caught my attention like a magnet from day 1 !!




No comments: